Welcome to La Salle Charter School!
At La Salle Middle School we are committed to transforming students’ lives through innovative education. In order to do so, we employ a number of strategies and programs designed specifically with students’ individual academic and socio-emotional needs in mind. Not only do we provide customized academic learning plans to assist students to perform at grade level, we also:
- Offer small class sizes with no more than 18 students per class.
- Provide one-on-one and small group tutoring.
- Train our teachers on delivering culturally relevant instruction and trauma-informed approaches.
- Provide every student with a Chromebook in grades 6th – 8th
- Provide enrichment classes like fashion design, high school prep, karate, African drumming, etc. through our Encompass Program.
- Take our students on college exposure trips to Nashville, Chicago, Kansas, and the St. Louis area each year.
- Offer our graduates academic support, counseling, and tuition assistance in high school.
We work hard to educate the whole child. Students at La Salle are pushed to achieve academic excellence, nurture caring relationships, understand the need for service in the community and are shown the importance of respect for all. Our mission is simple: Rooted in the Lasallian tradition of making quality education accessible to all, we provide excellence in education and promote Service, Justice, Care, Inclusivity, Community, and Zeal.
The LSMS teachers and staff also work tirelessly to make our school a place where students want to come each and every day to challenge themselves, to socialize, and to achieve all that they can achieve as learners. We CARE deeply about the success of our students and graduates. Our school is unique in that we have a dedicated staff whose focus and priorities are aligned with our Core Values. The entire school community models our Core Values (service, justice, care, inclusivity, community, and zeal) for our students every day. This fact makes me proud to be the Head of School and is also why I will continue to work tirelessly to ensure we continue to hold our students to high expectations and foster an environment of academic excellence. At La Salle every student is SOMEBODY!
I encourage you to explore La Salle further by scheduling a tour or requesting additional information. And as always, please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions, comments, or concerns you may have throughout the year. See you all soon! GO STARS!
LaShanda R. Boone,
Head of School